The situation of receding gums happens when the tissue of the gum around the teeth corrodes and it looks like your gums recede backwards.
Then a large surface of the teeth is exposed and more visible. When the gums go back, the space between the gum line and the teeth rises.
That is perfect place for bacteria growth. Another problem that may happen is over exposure of the root of the tooth that can lead to extreme pain and sensitivity of the tooth.
It will also have a negative influence over the structure and bone of the tooth that can cause losing of the tooth.
If you think that you also have this problem, make sure you visit your dentist as soon as possible. The dentist should advise you to do tooth scaling, root planning, or maybe a surgery that can repair the damage.
Here are several remedies that can definitely help you avoid surgery:
– Green tea. Green tea has amazing health benefits, being abundant in antioxidants which eliminate free radicals which can lead to periodontal disease. Green tea contains catechins, which is a powerful antioxidant that can be used as a treatment for any periodontal disease since it decreases gum swelling, strengthens the gums and teeth connection and has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
– Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Aloe Vera has antibacterial effects as well and these can help treating the inflammation, prevent infections and repair the tissue that is damaged. You can use Aloe Vera as a mouth wash after you have brushed your teeth.
– Oil pulling. Oil pulling is the best natural remedy for this problem. It is powerful against cavities but it can also prevent similar oral diseases. Oil pulling bring potent anti-inflammatory effects by eliminating plague and toxins deposits.
Furthermore, sesame oil can form a creative layer above the teeth so that it can prevent plague accumulation.
Warm the oil, but it shouldn’t be very hot. Rinse your mouth with it after you have washed your teeth.
– You can also use coconut oil. It will reduce bacterial infection, prevent tooth decay, repair your oral cavity and regrow the receding gums. Rinse your mouth with coconut oil after brushing your teeth.
– Massage your gums with eucalyptus. New gums will be stimulated and receding gums prevented.
– Use Aloe Vera gel and brush your teeth with it or use it like a mouthwash.
– Myrrh. The resin from this tree is a very effective method for curing gum issues and mouth diseases. Furthermore, it will eliminate gums recession and prevent further damage.
Make a mixture from a powdered myrrh and water. Then apply it on your gums and massage for a couple of minutes.
– Clove Oil. You can use this oil if you have a toothache. This oil fights all bacteria types and germs and also mouth diseases. It also reduces swelling and has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Use this oil and massage your gums.
Tips for preventing gum recession
The best tip is to prevent the problem rather than to cure it. You will also reduce the risk of other dental diseases as well. Below you can find several useful tips which can help you to take better care of your gums and oral cavity.
Proper oral hygiene
It is very important to keep the oral diseases away.
No aggressive brushing.
Brush along your gym line, do not push the gums.
Use gentle strokes and circular motion.
Use a brush with small head and soft bristles.
The best way to keep your teeth healthy is to floss and brush your teeth after each meal. If you are cannot do that, after every meal use a mouthwash.