Sugar, the substance that is as addictive as Heroin.
And that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. A study was done at Princeton University, and other research bodies, and the final conclusion was that sugar is very addictive.
Food manufacturers put it in every thing! It’s mind boggling!
Around 22 teaspoons of sugar per day is consumed by the average American. That’s way more than our body needs daily.
Let’s not forget to mention how it wreaks havoc on our bodies by causing weight gain, high cholesterol levels, diabetes and increase the risk of some cancers.
But don’t worry, this 21 day sugar detox challenge will reset your body and your dependency on sugar will be annihilated!
Now don’t get us wrong, the body needs sugar, but the problem is it’s hard for people to regulate the amount they consume daily.
Most people consume the wrong type of sugar which is the processed version.
The ultimate sugar comes from fruit and some vegetables, that is purely natural, but even in that you must show moderation.
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO QUIT SUGAR
The reality about sugar is that once you get addicted, it’s hard for you to let go.
Countless studies have shown that our brains react to sugar similar to the way it does to alcohol and drugs.
When we eat foods that have tons of sugar, it releases dopamine in the area of our brain called the Nucleus Accumbens.
Remember that dopamine is the organic chemical that causes us to feel good and relaxed.
When you complete this 21 day sugar detox plan you will notice that your energy levels will increase dramatically and after a short period of time the sugar cravings and fatigue will reduce.
Without further ado, let’s get right into the sugar detox diet plan that will work for you.
THE 21 DAY SUGAR DETOX DIET PLAN
The ultimate goal of this meal plan is to cut added sugars from your diet, which will result in weight loss.
So if you’re struggling to lose weight, this diet is perfect for you. This will include sugary desserts, sugar packed beverages, snacks and processed foods.
The aim is to cut out processed sugar and replace it with natural sugar from natural sources in moderation.
Sometimes people trying to avoid sugar will go too far, even to the point where they eliminate healthy sugar.
This plan will include only natural sugars from fruits.
Note: This 21 day sugar detox menu plan is very flexible, so you can modify it to your needs. You will repeat this 7 day plan for weeks 1, 2 and 3.
- Breakfast: Use 2 eggs to make an omelette mixed with spinach and shredded low-fat cheese. Add 2 slices of toasted multi-grain bread.
- Snack: 1 Grapefruit
- Lunch: Make a tuna salad with vegetables like lettuce, tomato and kale.
- Dinner: Have a veggie stir fry with steamed fish.
- Breakfast: Start the day with a vegetable juice made with 2 cucumbers, 3 carrots and 1 sweet pepper.
- Snack: One medium size ripe mango.
- Lunch: Steamed chicken breasts with four slices of avocado
- Dinner: Have a bowl of green beans with one medium-size salmon.
- Breakfast: A veggie omelette made with eggs, chopped up broccoli and garlic and a cup of freshly ground unsweetened coffee.
- Snack: 2 fresh oranges.
- Lunch: Have hummus with diced up cucumbers.
- Dinner: You can have a burrito made with beans and veggies.
- Breakfast: One medium bowl of oats mix with blueberries and almonds. Use unsweetened almond milk to mix.
- Snack: One apple sliced up and dipped in unsweetened almond butter.
- Lunch: Go for a veggie salad.
- Dinner: You can have steamed fish with 2 cups of broccoli sprinkled with cayenne pepper.
- Breakfast: Use 2 boiled eggs diced up to make a salad with lettuce, kale and broccoli. Enjoy it with a cup of unsweetened green tea.
- Snack: One cup of sliced pineapples.
- Lunch: Salmon with sliced cucumbers.
- Dinner: Have a pumpkin soup with boiled potatoes and carrots. Add any spices you like such as cayenne pepper, scallions, garlic and onions.
- Breakfast: 2 slices of multi-grain toast bread with tuna with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Snack: One cup of blueberries.
- Lunch: One cup of boiled quinoa with broccoli and a few slices of avocado.
- Dinner: Have baked chicken lettuce wraps.
- Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs diced up with broccoli and lettuce and a cup of unsweetened turmeric tea.
- Snack: 2 fresh oranges.
- Lunch: One cup of brown rice with 1 medium-size steak.
- Dinner: One bowl of chicken soup with added spices like garlic, scallions, cayenne. Also add irish potato and a few wheat dumplings.
TIPS FOR YOUR SUGAR DETOX CHALLENGE
- Don’t be distracted
- Control your emotions
- Keep yourself busy and relax
- Eat at home
- Get a partner
- Avoid alcohol
- If you mess up, don’t quit
- Don’t binge on junk food after you’re finished
GIVE IT A TRY!
The point of this 21 day sugar detox diet diet plan is to illuminate processed sugar as much as possible.
If you can do that your body will have more energy, you will lose excess fat and you will feel and see the difference.