If you’ve ever had a cold, then you probably understand the instant relief of applying some Vick’s VapoRub. However, did you know that the remedy has far more uses than just helping you cold? Vick’s VapoRub can also be used for the following:
- Sore muscles
- Home improvement
- As a cosmetic
- Ear pain
- And more!
That’s right, Vick’s VapoRub is a very helpful to have around your home.
Here are some ways to use VapoRub that you may not know about.
- Aromatherapy. Why apply VapoRub to your nose when you can freshen the entire air with it? If you have a humidifier, add some to circulate around the room. Not only does it clear congestion but if freshers the room as well.
- Soothes sore muscles. Have you ever gone a bit too hard in your workout class? Applying some VapoRub to your muscles after a workout is a good way to ease both soreness and inflammation to help get you back to workout shape.
- Stop a squeaky door hinge. Having a squeaky door hinge can be a real annoyance. Thankfully, VapoRub can help remedy the issue. Rub a little on the door hinge and it should do the trick. This is because the substance contains petroleum jelly (or Vaseline) which should stop the squeaking.
- Ease earache pain. It you’re experiencing an earache, place a cotton ball with some VapoRub on it in the cup of your ear. It won’t treat the ache but it should ease the pain.
- Use it for fuller lips. If you’re interested in getting fuller, softer lips, try adding a bit of VapoRub. One of its ingredients is menthol which is a natural lip plumper.
- Covers up bad smells. One of VapoRub’s defining qualities is its overwhelming smell. So of course, if you’d like to not smell something more unpleasant, place a little under your nose and voila.
- Cures toe fungus. Studies have concluded that one of VapoRub’s ingredients, thymol, is effective at treating toenail fungus. Simply wash and dry your feet before thoroughly applying some VapoRub to the affected area.
- Soothes tennis elbow. If you find your elbow throbbing, rub some VapoRub on it to soothe the pain and have you serving on the court in no time.
- Softens your heels. People are willing to spend a lot of money on unnecessary products and consultations to soften cracked feet. By rubbing VapoRub on your heels at night and then slipping on soft socks to seal in its moisturizers, your heels will be as smooth as a baby.
- DIY shower bombs. Here is another way to get instant relief if you have a cold. By mixing together VapoRub with baking soda and water, you can create a shower bomb that will make shower time even more soothing.
- Gets rid of headaches. Just massage a few drops of VapoRub into your temples and massage the area.
- Helps get rid of stretchmarks. It’s practically a ‘magic eraser’ for stretch marks and loosened skin after giving birth.